Engineering Design & Consultancy
THE ENGINEERING CONSULTANCY TEAM
Our team of marine engineers and naval architects has a proven track record for providing effective designs and consultancy services, whilst working to tight deadlines. Certified to ISO 9001:2000, UMC’s Engineering team design and manufacture equipment and systems, including testing, certification, procedures and safety assessments to meet national and international standards. By combining Engineering services with fabrication and installation, we offer clients a complete range of services from discrete work packages to full turnkey solutions.
Our Engineering and Consultancy team use the latest CAD software, 3D modelling and Finite Element Analysis programmes to design and analyse a vast range of equipment and systems to support the projects undertaken by UMC. The manufacture of blanks, cofferdams and equipment takes place within the UMC workshops or within our approved supplier network. A sample of this work includes:
- Cofferdam systems for shipping, civil and offshore applications
- Repair schemes for damaged vessels
- Hull aperture blanks for sea chests and discharges
- Bespoke tooling and equipment for rudder/stabiliser replacement
- Specialist underwater equipment to carry out hull cleaning and propeller polishing
- R&D services to support industry
Our diverse service capabilities on offer mean our customers have a variety of options. When searching for a complete turnkey engineering services team, team UMC is your port of call!