Inwater Hull Damage Repairs
AN OVERVIEW TO UMC CAPABILITY
UMC specialise in underwater engineering solutions to address a variety of in-water damage repairs, including those caused by collision and grounding.
Overview to in-water damage repairs:
- Most work traditionally carried out in a dry dock can be done afloat by utilising a number of Underwater Engineering (UWE) techniques.
- This can save the customer time and money thus is often an attractive option to dry docking (or possibly salvage)
- UMC have a proven track record, with over 40 years experience, for carrying out a range of in water repairs, many due to collision and grounding damage
- This covers the full range of services covering engineering design, manufacturing, procurement, diving support and project management
- UMC have undertaken successful repairs worldwide on a variety of vessels
- Repairs can either be on a temporary basis or can be permanent and fully class approved
- UMC have developed a series of case studies which describe examples of work undertaken