Rope Access Services
WHY USE ROPE ACCESS?
UMC utilise Rope Access trained NDT technicians for Structural Inspection and Survey work.
Rope Access is a safe, efficient and time saving method derived from recreational climbing and caving but modified to utilise a twin rope system for enhanced safety in industrial use. This makes it the access method of choice for our industry, thus eliminating the need for costly and time consuming scaffolding.
It has been a preferred method of access (ingress and egress) for our clients offshore over conventional scaffolding for some of the following reasons:
- Easy and time efficient to set up (rigging and de-rigging)
- Lightweight and portable equipment
- Does not take up space
- Practicality in a number of applications
- Minimum operational team of two operatives (three when over water)
HIGHLY QUALIFIED STAFF
Our dedicated and highly skilled personnel have accumulated a vast wealth of experience in this field and through this, and our professional approach, our clients can be assured that they will get the job done efficiently, safely & properly. Personnel employed in this field have undergone an approved training course to an internationally recognized standard by IRATA, the Industrial Rope Access Trade Association.
In recent years an increasing amount of work, both offshore and onshore, is being achieved using rope access techniques. UMC Rope Access Services we can offer include (but are not limited to):
- Inspection & Non Destructive Testing
- High pressure water blasting
- Derrick & wind wall maintenance
- Offshore MODU inspection - Jack-up, floaters, ships, platform inspection
- Rigging, Lifting, Maintenance and Installation projects
- Electrical inspection and maintenance
- Derrick Assembly